Terms of Service
Vashon Fresh is committed to supporting local agriculture and providing excellent customer service. We strive to create a vibrant and successful online marketplace for you to enjoy locally grown or made products.
1. There are no membership fees. You will need to create an account to order or sell. Your information will be securely stored. We will not share or sell your information.
2. Vashon Fresh charges a personal shopper fee of 10% of each order. This fee helps sustain operations..
3. Volunteering is welcome, but not expected. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
4. Producers must fully disclose practices used to raise livestock and grow crops to members of Vashon Fresh so consumer members can make informed purchasing decisions about producers and products offered. Full disclosure of growing, farming and production practices forms the basis of trust between Vashon Fresh consumers and producers.
5. Vendors will only sell items that they have grown or processed. Value added products must use as many local ingredients as possible.
6. Every producer member is responsible to know and be in compliance with all appropriate federal, state and local inspections, licenses, statutes, taxes and ordinances. Vashon Fresh does not collect sales tax; producer members are encouraged to price their goods accordingly.
7. We will inspect and pack all orders prior to distribution. In the event that product gets damaged during packing, we will provide a credit to the customer, provided that the damaged goods are returned.
8. Vashon Fresh has no liability for products sold.
9. Vendors are responsible for having their products ready for pickup or drop off at pre-arranged times/places.
10. Customers are responsible for confirming that their orders are complete. All orders must be paid for before or at time of pickup or delivery..
11. Vashon Fresh accepts EBT payments as well as Fresh Bucks. These transactions must be made in person at pick up times only.
12. Each order placed is a legally enforceable contract. If a customer fails to pickup an order, s/he is still obligated to pay for the items ordered.
13. Our goal is to provide the highest quality produce, and we require our producer to deliver market-grade products. The customer understands that since our farmers do not use pesticides or herbicides, fruits and vegetables may not look "perfect".
Glass bottle return policy. Milk bottles purchased through our site are subject to fee as specified during the product purchase. Please return these completely clean to receive your deposit back - if they are not clean Vashon Fresh is still assessed the fee!
Reusable shopping bag swap. After your first order we will expect the reusable shopping bag from your previous order to be in the box. If the bag is not there, you will be charged a $1 fee.
Secure delivery boxes. You will be expected to provide a secure location for your order to be placed if you opt to receive delivery. The container needs to be big enough for you order, have a lid that can be closed and secure, and be located in an accessible part of your property. If the container is not accessible, you will not receive your order but you will still be charged for your order.